Subject: RE: Is it really the disk drive or something else?
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mauriks <pmauriks@ue.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/22/1998 13:23:02
I remember seeing something about this a while ago - I think it had to
do with the geometry of the disk for the installation (when putting on a
disklabel) - I think it was something like that the geometry that was
detected was used - but if the information was altered in disklabel
incorrectly the machine would not boot afterwards and would require a
re-install.

I am using a DEC 5000/133 with OpenBSD so I don't know how this might
relate to a Sparc machine or even if this is relevant to NetBSD - anyway
you might try the mailing list archives at www.openbsd.org for some more
info.