Subject: Re: solaris emulation (svr4)?
To: Jack Culpepper , Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/1998 11:04:04
: >i recently installed 1.3.2 on some sparc stations.  i am nfs mounting the
: >/usr partition of a solaris 2.6 machine on /emul/svr4/usr.  i have also set
: >up the /emul/svr4/{dev,etc} directories, as the man page says.  when i try
: >and use the jdk1.1.6 for solaris (/emul/svr4/usr/local/jdk1.1.6/bin/javac),
: >i get
: >
: >Bad system call (core dumped)

: ktrace the binary and look what system call fails. Then we should be able
: to add it.

Unfortunately, we cannot on this one.  JDK uses threads, which we do not yet
support in the kernel.

Try using the JDK pkg, or the JDK port to SunOS 4.