Subject: Re: Does NetBSD run on a Sun SparcServer 4/470?
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/1998 07:47:52
At 7:56 PM +0200 9/5/98, Paul Kranenburg wrote:
>> A computer club that I am in recieved a donation of a Sun SparcServer
>> 4/470 from a department on campus.  We are looking for a free Unix to get
>> working on it.
>>
>> Does NetBSD run on Sun 4/470's?
>
>No. A long time ago, I wrote the code to support the 3-level MMU
>found in the Sun 4/400 series, but it was never put to the test
>seriously due to lack of testers who actually own some hardware
>to test on..
>
>The NetBSD/sparc distribution kernels do not by default include the
>code for 3-level 4/400 MMU. You need to build a kernel using the
>kernel configuration option `SUN4_MMU3L'.
>
>If you're interested in making NetBSD work on the 4/400, let me know..
>
>-pk
If yo don't have a way to build a kernel, I'll either do it for you, or
give you an account on my machine and you can build all you like (slow
connection tho).

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614