Subject: Re: Does NetBSD run on a Sun SparcServer 4/470?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/03/1998 22:33:12
> A computer club that I am in recieved a donation of a Sun SparcServer
> 4/470 from a department on campus.  We are looking for a free Unix to
> get working on it.

> Does NetBSD run on Sun 4/470's?

Good question.  It didn't last time I tried, but that was at *least* a
year ago.  (At one of my jobs there are two 4/470s that would benefit
from something a little more modern than what they're stuck with now.)
Something about a three-level MMU and a kernel option MMU_3L; later, I
went looking and didn't find any MMU_3L and asked.  The option had gone
away or mutated, but don't recall any details.

If you get it working, I want to hear about it! :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca