Subject: Re: Is Hypersparc support in NetBSD-current?
To: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/30/1998 12:50:33
> On every sun4m, including the Hypersparc, this never causes a
> fault trap.  On every sun4m *except* the Hypersparc, this also
> never saves away a fault type.  On the Hypersparc, it does.

Well, that's good to know, though it's probably not the reason why
NetBSD fails on the Hypersparc at this moment, since I'm not currently
using the probe ASI to see whether a translation exists except in
one place (on a `SFSR_FT_TRANSERR' fault, which does not appear to
occur). But I'll fix this case anyway.

-pk

PS I did notice something else though that might induce lossage:
   The cache-bit in IOMMU PTEs is always on even though bus_dma_load()
   doesn't (yet) care to allocate cache-aligned DVMA addresses for
   the kernel buffer it's mapping. Perhaps this causes cache lossage
   even when cache flushes are done as if the machine hadn't a physically
   tagged cache (Erik's last test kernel ran in that mode).