Subject: panic 'null page frame' on SS5 / NetBSD 1.3
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/26/1998 14:44:37
On a SS5 with a recent NetBSD 1.3 install, we've seen the kernel panic
with 'dvma_mapin: null page frame' several times, mostly under medium to
high load of the machine.

The trace back is:

  dvma_mapin
  kdvma_mapin
  dma-setup
  esp_dma_setup
  ncr53c9x_intr
  sparc_intrrupt44c

As it happens from time to time (sometimes several times a day), I can do
further investigations, if I get a few hints about what to look for.

But my question is: is this a known problem, and is it possibly solved in
1.3.2 or in -current ?

Upgrading is not really an options at this time, but backporting a patch
from a later system may be.

If this problem is not recognized as something obvious by people on this
mailing list, I'll probably file a PR on it sometime next week.

regards
Erik Bertelsen