Subject: Re: Solaris emulation on NetBSD 1.3.2?
To: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
From: Jaroslaw Bazydlo <jarekb@pap.waw.pl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/1998 16:20:22
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Ruschmeyer, John wrote:

> Out of curiousity, I'm wondering what version(s) of the Solaris libraries
> are being used by those who can and can't get this to work? I am running
> Solaris 2.3 libs, but had the feeling that most of the successes were from
> people running 2.4 libs.
>
> Could we have a version dependence somewhere in the SVR4 emulation?

At the time I tried I was using Solaris's 2.5.1 libs and resolver was not
working at all (I have SS10 and NetBSD 1.2). I have no problems running
SunOS's version of Netscape_dns but it crashes rather a lot.

Greetings
--
Jaroslaw Bazydlo | mailto:jarekb@pap.waw.pl | http://www.pap.com.pl/~jarekb
irc: McJARAS @ warszawa.irc.pl | Polska Agencja Prasowa/Polish Press Agency