Subject: Re: ATM en0 driver on sbus
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/1998 11:34:26
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:

> So, for me to use the driver, what should I do to make it work?
>
> I commented out the #defines in midwayreg.h, and got make depend
> pass.  Then, I ran into following warnings:
>
> o implicit declarations of bus_space_read_4 and bus_space_write_4

This should be fixed by:

including machine/bus.h [which should actually be
	arch/sparc/include/bus.h]

including dev/sbus/sbus.h [which should pull in arch/sparc/dev/sbus.h]

disabling the compatibility stuff in the top of midwayreg.h

> o arg mismatch in en_attach, long int format, int arg, (arg 9)

You need to provide a bit more information about this error.

You may also need to change any and all calls to dvma_mapin() and
dvma_remove() to bus_dmamap*().  Look in arch/sparc*/dev/dma.c.  The
sparc64 version at least has `#ifdef BUS_DMA' so you can see exactly what
transformations need to be done.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me