Subject: Installing
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/11/1998 18:02:49
I'm stuck installing NetBSD on a new sparc.

I have a running sun4c box, and a new sun4m box that I want to install on.

There isn't an install floppy yet, right? So, I set up the 4c as a netboot
server, but here's the problem, I have only one monitor and keyboard.

I need the monitor and kbd on the 4m to get it going, but the 4c won't boot
without a kbd. It looks like booting without a monitor is working, but I'm
not certain, just judging from the disk activity. But if I leave the
monitor on, and remove the kbd, it doesn't even try. Says no kbd, using
terminal console (or words to that effect) and stops.

Any ideas?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614