Subject: RDI SparcBook modem?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/03/1998 21:59:31
I've got access to an RDI SparcBook (a sparc 5'ish machine in a *heavy*
laptop format) which works wonderfully with NetBSD.  However, I discovered
one small problem when I took this boat anchor on the road:

I had intended on using the internal modem to dialup my work to check
email, etc.  However, when I attempted to use the modem, I quickly discovered
that the kernel knew *nothing* about it at all (it was not configured).
Thus dialing up anything was not possible.

Now, I could reinstall this machine with Slowlaris and probably figure
out where the modem attaches, but I'd really hate to loose the OS as it's
currently installed.  So I'm asking here:  does anyone know how to get
the kernel (I'm running current) to config that internal modem?  I've
tried adding zs2 in the same way as zs0 and zs1, but that didn't work.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."