Subject: Re: FORCE CPU-5V (FGA-5000 VMEbus interface)
To: Kenneth R. Lewis <krl@vicomp.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/02/1998 00:29:15
>Anybody done any work on the FORCE CPU-5V MicroSPARC-II with
>it's 'unique' FGA-5000 Sbus <--> VMEbus I/O doo-dad?

Now what are the chances that two people, both named Ken, would
both post to port-sparc about getting VME working on a FORCE board?
:-)

Anyway, to answer your question .... I _did_ look at it, yes.
Well, I don't know what's on the CPU-5V, but I have a CPU-2CE, and
I looked at it for a bit.  It seems that the right vme address
stuff is supplied via the openboot prom, and _theoretically_ all
you have to do is have the VME driver use that information to map
in the correct address space.  However, before I could puzzle out
the openboot prom and the way it hooked into the VME driver, I lost
a disk on another machine and I took the disk that was in the FORCE
board, and I haven't had a chance to get a new disk for the FORCE
board.

I'm interested in getting it working eventually, if you want to
kibitz on it some more ...

--Ken