Subject: questions re. install
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ian Medland <Ian.Medland@parkplatz.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/20/1998 10:19:00
Hello all,

Well, after listeing around for a few weeks I thought it was time this
weekend to install 1.3.2 on my SPARCstation IPC. I have a couple of
questions though.

I've got the full set of installation tars installed, including the X
related ones. I want now to add a non su user.

Coming from a system that uses passwd or yellow pages for passwords I
found the plethora of password related files in /etc a bit confusing. So
a simple question "how do I add a new user". I tried adduser but it did
not seem to be installed - should it be?

Trying to get X up and running it doesn't know which server to use. To
which file should I make 'X' link?

Other than that it's been pretty plain sailing. I still have to use the
SunOS disk to get things going as I was using a new disk which needed
formating (well I suspect it didn't but there was a bit of confusion
over the cylinder etc. settings so I thought it safest to do so). After
that it all came up quite easily.

Any help you can give on those questions would be very helpful.

Many Thanks
Ian