Subject: Re: ldconfig Help!
To: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@visi.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/11/1998 08:29:10
> i rwmounted the root filesystem, renamed the file, and still got
> about 15 core dumps during the boot process.  also got the messages:

> init: getty repeating to quickly pn port /dev/console, sleeping.

The latter is almost certainly nothing but an indication that getty is
dumping core too.

> where should i go fro here?

Good question.  If possible, I'd be inclined to put the disk on
another NetBSD/sparc machine and investigate the coredumps.
Alternatively, if the "another [] machine" is running the same version,
compare /usr/lib and copy over a clean copy of whichever library got
corrupted (it seems almost certain to me that some .so got corrupted,
probably libc since it seems to hit almost everything).

If you have another NetBSD machine of any stripe available, you could
perhaps put the disk on it and at least compare the .so files in
/usr/lib against your latest good backup (or the binary set you
installed, if you haven't changed them since installation).

I'm not sure what to do towards finding out what caused the problem so
as to ensure it doesn't happen again.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca