Subject: Re: ldconfig Help!
To: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@visi.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/10/1998 22:24:01
> Ok.  I have a SS1 with NetBSD 1.2.1. what I did was issue the
> 'ldconfig' command with no options as root.  [now everything, or at
> least everything dynamically linked, dumps core]

> the only way that I got the system up was booting in single user
> mode, that worled fine.

> 1. where do i go now to get my system running again?

What you did *shouldn't've* caused a problem, as I understand ldconfig.
Try removing the hints file (/var/run/ld.so.hints, I think) and either
rerunning ldconfig or just rebooting.

> 2. i tried a "mount /dev/rsd0d /usr" and I got s message like :block
>    device required" how do i mount the usr partitoon.

Use the block device instead of the raw device, as the message implies.
Assuming the command you gave was otherwise correct, this would mean
"mount /dev/sd0d /usr".

> 3. from what i could tell, the filesystem is read only, is this true?

The root filesystem, yes.  If you don't want that, "mount /" will
remount it read/write.  You probably should fsck it first, though (the
same is true of /usr, actually).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca