Subject: ldconfig Help!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@visi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/10/1998 20:30:02
to sratr with, I am a newbe (and it shows from how much i screwed my
system)

Ok. I have a SS1 with NetBSD 1.2.1. what I did was issue the 'ldconfig'
command with no options as root. after doing this, i tired 'man ldcondig'
and core dumped, tried again, same thing. after about 2 min, i got a
console message (I was on the console at this time) saying something like
to many chariters on /dev/consold, sleeping (nothing was being displayed
on console), then it locked up. at this time i tried to telnet in, but the
telnet session closed right after opening, at this time i tried to reboot.
i did a '<stop> a', to get to the boot prompt, then powered the box odd,
then powered it on. the kernel loaded ok, then it went through the rc
files and tried to execute those commands. alost each command dumped a
core, I do remember fsck worked. I got the same message about getty and to
many charicters again, the console locked up again. the only way that I
got the system up was booting in single user mode, that worled fine.

1. where do i go now to get my system running again?
2. i tried a "mount /dev/rsd0d /usr" and I got s message like :block
device required" how do i mount the usr partitoon.
3. from what i could tell, the filesystem is read only, is this true?

please help me!

thanks,

 -Mike

--