Subject: Porting mit-pthreads (mysql) to NetBSD-1.3 sparc
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/10/1998 21:33:00
Hi everyone,

For a while already I've been trying to get MySQL up and running on my
system. It is now included in the packages-system, but only for alpha
and intel, because the patched version of mit-pthreads that comes with
mysql will only work under NetBSD-1.3 with those systems.

The reason for that (as far as I can see) is that a small piece of
assembly is missing, that interfaces between pthreads and several
syscalls. These have only been updated to NetBSD-1.3 for those two
architectures so far. So rather than reverting my computer back to
NetBSD-1.1, I would like to ask if anyone would care to help and
get these 3 files up to spec for this port.  Unfortunatly I do not
know any Sparc assembly myself.

The files in question can be found in
.../pkgsrc/databases/mysql/work/mysql-3.21.31/mit-pthreads/machdep

Regards, happy hacking, Paul Boven.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
      Windows '98: Who needs an OS that has no Blinkenlights?