Subject: Re: SS 1+: 4M SIMMs OK?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/09/1998 09:11:48
(all from memory...maybe I'm wrong)

Yes, 4M simms are okay. The order in which the banks on an SS1/SS1+/IPC
go are different from SS2 and later. On an SS1:

		3	2
		4	1
		(front)

so put 4 4M simms in bank 1, 4 1M sims in bank 2, etc..

On the SS2 the first slot of each bank (all for banks) is supposed
to be populated with the same simm type.

I've had my IPC be a little picky about 4M simms- but that may be
mostly because this machine was a lab test unit and is *really*
worn out...

-matt