Subject: Re: sparc/sparc64
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/07/1998 10:20:57
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:58:49 +0200
 "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk> wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > what are the plans (if any) for integrating the common parts of the sparc
 > and sparc64? I liked the solution for sun3/sun3x, but of course there
 > are more differences in the sparc/sparc64 ports.
 >
 > sparc64/sparc64 -> sparc/sparc64 ?
 > sparc*/dev -> dev/sbus + ?

I'm not sure what Eduardo and Paul are planning just yet, but I think
a combination of the two might be desirable... certainly, a dev/sbus (and
I believe Paul is working on that right now).

I think a lot of merging can be done w/ sparc vs. sparc64, even given the
differences in the platforms (and the large amount of new code that's
in the sparc64 port).

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942