Subject: Re: Silly Xlockmore problem
To: Daniel Brown <dbrown@ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/1998 10:13:58
At 2:52 PM +0100 6/24/98, Daniel Brown wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Having just completed my first NetBSD install on an aging IPX (for which, many
>thanks to all concerned :-), I've hit upon a trivial problem that reduces
>the utility of xlockmore somewhat.
>
>The screen saver runs throughout with a white background.
>
>I've been through the literature, and found only a reference to altering the
>colours for the password screen; these work, but in the inverse of the
>expected
>fashion. Thus specifying a 'white' background, and 'black' foreground, gives
>the traditional white text on black for password entry, but no-where else.
>
>This leads me to suspect that something's loose under the bonnet, somewhere,
>but I'm clueless as to what.
>
>Help? ;-)
>
>Dan.

Try "random"

That gives a black background for me on a very similar machine.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614