Subject: Re: new boot floppy image
To: Eric W. Bates <ericx@vineyard.net>
From: Gerryt <gerryt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/1998 17:28:14
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Eric W. Bates wrote:

::Nice work.
::
::I have a small problem...
So does everyone else??
::
::Using the ftp install, install all packages option, sysinst defaults
::to:
::
::ftp@ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3F/sparc/binary/sets
::
::NetBSD-1.3F no longer seems to exist; so I changed it to NetBSD-1.3.2.
::
::All well and good, but the first file it tries to install is kern.tgz,
::which no longer exists.  If it can't find the file, it resets and
::asks you to try again.
It may have existed but the "standard" tree has the 2 generic kernels
elsewhere so you're stuffed anyway.. Just quit at this point.

::
::I will try the custom packages tomorrow (maybe I'll get a list to
::choose from).  Or maybe the NFS gig.
Why not just ftp the packages you need/want over and untar them?

:: > ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/incoming/mrg/boot13F.fs.gz is a new image that has
:: > many bug fixes over the old one, including (but not limited to):
:: > 	- sun and tvi925 termcaps not missing
:: > 	- finds /netbsd.gz automatically
It does? News to me : > I had to :
boot floppy netbsd.gz