Subject: Re: mrg's boot disk.
To: Jaroslaw Bazydlo <jarekb@pap.waw.pl>
From: Gerryt <gerryt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/1998 13:49:02
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Jaroslaw Bazydlo wrote:

::It's a really good piece of work but ... it refers to 'kernel.tgz' which
::is not part of 'NetBSD-1.3.2' distribution (checked couple minutes ago).
Could be a typo? I know it didnt work for me either. In fact my
perfectly working disk seemed to lose its boot blocks????
I could still mount the disk on /mnt and save "important" stuff but
installboot wouldnt bring the disk back : <
A full installation did though.

::
::What is kernel.tgz ??? Sysinst treats that part as mandatory and disallow
::to cancel it. Without it I'm unable to finish installation properly (using
::boot floppy and sysinst, everything is OK when i used miniroot
::installation). Anyone noticed?
Sort of.
I had to type something like:
boot floppy netbsd.gz
from Stop a
to do my install. Things proceeded fairly well after that.
This current boot floppy is way better than the 1.2? one I have,
but mrg still owes me a tinny (I think thats the correct word for it)
for my confused drive : >

-g