Subject: Quantum 210S disklabel
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@visi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/13/1998 21:48:20
Hi there,
I am having some peoblems. I am kinda new to NetBSD (and disklabeling) and
I need some help.

I have 2 sparcs, I am atempting to disklabel the hard drive for the second
sparc (fido) on the first sparc (sparky). The internal drive in sparky is
on scsi id 3 (sd0) and I am puting the other drive in a external case so I
do not need to keep on taking it out of the sparc boxes. well, when I put
the second drive on sparky, it is on scsi id 4 (sd1). what I want to do is
disklabel the drive and 'dd' the miniroot over, but I do not have the
geometry settings for the drive (quant. prodrive 210s) ot is using this
drive, can you send me the output from disklabel, or tell me the settings.

thanks,

 -Mike

--
            ekholm@visi.com | http://www.visi.com/~ekholm | quake:nalez
                   Unix is user-friendly, not beginner-friendly.