Subject: boot floppy works fine
To: None <mrg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/1998 12:22:42
Matt,

I've tried your boot floppy (2nd upload :) on a SS5, and it worked like a
charm. Great work! I didn't try to run sysinst too far, didn't want to
risk nuking the existint OS. (I had some _bad_ experiences with sysinst's
upgrade-option lately on a i386 system).

Can you also add the following small enhancements, please:
 - make it find netbsd.gz automatically, if it can't find netbsd
 - don't ask for "Install, Shell or Halt", but run sysinst directly.
   Sysinst offers all this, too.

Having this thing as a part of the sparc distribution will really greatly
help people install new systems (IMHO)!

Thanks a lot,

		Hubert

--