Subject: Magma device driver (was Re: fifo overrun)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/12/1998 15:45:11
On Tue, 12 May 1998, der Mouse wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:34:33 -0500 (EST)
>
> This is old, but I don't recall seeing any response.

I have running a device driver for a Magma LC2+1Sp card here, I am running
my serial port at 76800 with full automatic hardware handshaking and no
errors (on an SS1) and I believe it should go to 115kbaud at least but my
modem won't go that fast.  The driver should also work on the 4 port Magma
card, and with a bit of work on the 8, 12 and 16 port cards too (4
channels per chip; if you find the other chips it can run them just fine)

Anybody got a Magma card wants to test it?  I haven't committed it yet as
I'm working on the parallel port support for the LC2+1Sp (the other Magma
cards with parallel ports use a different chip which will require more
work).

I haven't got NetBSD-current so it might need slight changes to compile,
but I'm working on that..

iain