Subject: Sparc2 problems part II
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/1998 16:52:17
Okay, thanks to the advice of those on the list, I checked out the memory
in my Sparc2.  It wasn't seated properly, but now is.  A recap of the
hardware:

Sparc2, headless with a vt100 terminal on ttya.  32MB of RAM, 1 internal
SCSI disk, 2 external SCSI disks.  The Sparc is powered on and after 5
seconds, I get a "WARNING: Cannot determine keyboard type" on the serial
console.  After that, nothing.  Now, if I recall correctly, when you turn
a Sparc2 on, shouldn't it beep right away?  This leads me to believe that
the hardware is still not functioning correctly/installed correctly.  Does
anyone have any other ideas?  Thanks!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group