Subject: Re: Type 4 keyboard and console
To: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/16/1998 16:57:36
On 16-Mar-98 Ruschmeyer, John spoke unto us all:
#
# On a similar note, on my system (Sparc 2 w/type 4), I can get the arrow
# keys to work with text-based apps in an Xterm (vi, etc.), but not with
# X-based apps (i.e., Netscape and Doom). Is there some trick to setting
# up the keyboard mappings for X11?
#
# Thanks... <<<John>>>

I used Xkeycaps (available in our pkg system) to set up my sun keyboard.  I
probably should be using the XKB extension stuff.. but I'm used to doing it
this way.. and it seems to work great.  Plus it allows me to map all those
"extra" sun keys to something useful.. (like actually making paste PASTE in an
xterm)  Xemacs has very good support for those keys as well.. I might add..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html