Subject: RE: Booting Sparc 330 problems
To: (Rick Copeland) <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/02/1998 06:22:10
There are a few things you can do to test the machine:

when you get the >  hit "n" for new command mode..

help or something similar will bring up a short list.. I think help diag brings
up a list of diagnostics.

One of the ones I have found to me most helpful is probe-scsi.. to make sure I
didn't screw up my scsi chain.  ;)

My next question to you is, you are trying to boot sd(0,0,1)netbsd -s  how did
you get the miniroot on the drive?  Did you somehow disklabel the disk.. If you
did, did you disklabel it in accordance with sunos standards, ie. end
partitions on cylinder boundaries?

does the machine boot sunos (if you have it available to you).. that would be a
good first test.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html