Subject: Booting Sparc 330 problems
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/01/1998 10:37:26
I am trying to boot a Sparc 330 and experiencing problems with evey method I
have tried. The machine goes trough all the tests on startup (in diag. mode)
without apparent problems and arrives at the boot prompt (>). Does this mean
that the machine is functioning for the most part?

I have tried boot a miniroot from a "b" partition with no success.  The
machine accesses the disk upon reciept of the "b sd(0,0,1) -s", but the
machine just hangs.

I have set up a diskless boot with a Sun 3/80 and tcpdump shows that the 330
responds to the rarp requests no problem. I start the boot procedure with "b
le()netbsd -s" but still the machine sends no reply.

Is there any tests that can verify that the processor and all the hardware
is functioning?

RC