Subject: Ethernet Address
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/1998 12:23:06
Hello list,

I have a Sun Sparc 330,  I am trying to netboot (diskless).  The color frame
buffer does not work or work with my color monitor and so I cannot get the
ethernet address (for example: 8:0:20:7:c5:c7 this is the example from
diskless(8)) that usually shows when the computer first comes up.  Is there
another way to get the ethernet address from the serial port in diagnostics
mode?

Also the color monitor I am trying to use is know good but I don't know if
it should work with a Sparc cgsix color frame buffer:

        cgsix color frame buffer (501-1532)
        color monitor: Sun model (GDM-1962B) 19", 13w3, Sony

The monitor comes up with a white screen with small horizontal line across
the middle of the display.

Thanks,

Rick Copeland