Subject: Any ideas on xyc0 watchdog timeout problem?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/30/1998 08:28:47
I still have the xyc0 (Xylogic 451) watchdog timeout problem.
Apparently it *does* cause data  corruption because while compiling
emacs, something (cc1, ld, etc.) would get fatal signal 11 whenever this
happened.  I took ie0 down, thinking that it might be some conflict, but
that didn't help.  It seems that the watchdog timeouts occur when there
is a *lot* of disk activity.  In such a situation, the green light for
port A on the M2361A Super Eagle would practically stay on all the time
(8 megs really isn't enough on a 4/260) and then it would suddenly go
out and all activity would cease until I get a watchdog timeout followed
by soft reset of xyc0.

Does anybody have *any* ideas here?  Could NetBSD be responsible for
this?  I never saw these with SunOS, but I haven't really done too much
with SunOS.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |