Subject: Re: esp driver whines about TC
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/1998 00:03:40
>Someone earlier posted a problem about 1.3 spewing alot of TC error messages

That would have been me :-)  I believe the root of the problem was the
driver trying to negotiate synchronous mode, and the device in question
being extrememly unhappy.  The machine I was booting off of had one of
those really ancient Quantum drives that obviously didn't support
synchronous mode.

pk and I went a couple of rounds of "try this test kernel and send me
the output".  I am happy to report that he fixed the problem, and I
_think_ that those fixes will be appearing in the 1.3 patches ... but
I'd rather let him speak in regards to that.

--Ken