Subject: esp driver whines about TC
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/25/1998 06:39:28
Someone earlier posted a problem about 1.3 spewing alot of TC error messages
during the probe of the esp(0:3:0) interface.  I just installed 1.3 on my newly
aquired sparc 1 clone (Opus 5000).  It took a number of tries, but it worked
ok. Only problem is these TC messages.  It finds sd0 (hd id=3) then spits out
the TC messages, then finds the cdrom (id 6).  Thing is.. I have a WANGTEK tape
drive at ID4.  Sunos 4.1.1 boots up and finds all the devices, sd0,st0,sr0 in
that order.  It looks like the tape drive confuses netbsd 1.3 somehow.

Anyhow.. everything else seems to be ok, just the tape doesn't get picked up.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html