Subject: NetBSD 1.3 panics on Sparc 5 when only option sun4m is defined
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/25/1998 00:53:10
	While re-compiling a kernel on a Sparc 5 from the stock 1.3 syssrc.tgz
source files for NetBSD 1.3 on a machine which had been running the
GENERIC_SCSI3 kernel happily for weeks, I removed all occurrences of sun4c
and sun4 and left just the sun4m stuff.  The resultant kernel paniced every
minute or so  with:
panic: dvma_mapin: null page frame
or something like that.   I found the string in /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/
(This message is in /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/vm_machdep.c)

	I rebuilt a kernel with options sun4c and sun4m enabled, with all of
the sun4c devices commented out, and things work fine again.
	Has anyone else seen this behavior?
-Brian