Subject: Re: Another 1.3 question...
To: None <msanders@aros.net>
From: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/1998 10:42:41
> So, INSTALL refers to an installtion and an upgrade script (install.sh
> and upgrade.sh respectively).  Where are they?

I think they are in the installation root, but named install and upgrade
(not install.sh and upgrade.sh). I think the name confusion is due to the
scripts names in the src tree. (distrib/<ARCH>/floppies/inst/install.sh)
                                                                    ^^^

> I just extracted the sets by hand anyway, but it seems that it
> would confuse a first-time user.  Unless I'm horribly misreading
> the INSTALL document, it says to run these scripts, but never says
> where to obtain them (following the diskless instructions), and I
> don't see them on the FTP site anywhere.

Yes, this is confusing.

Harald.

*** distrib/notes/sparc/install Wed Nov  5 13:35:44 1997
--- distrib/notes/sparc/install.new     Mon Jan 19 10:31:16 1998
***************
*** 246,252 ****

  else, start the installation script:

! netbsd# sh install.sh

  Running the installation scripts.
--- 246,252 ----

  else, start the installation script:

! netbsd# sh install

  Running the installation scripts.

*** distrib/notes/sparc/upgrade Tue Nov 11 13:55:31 1997
--- distrib/notes/sparc/upgrade.new     Mon Jan 19 10:38:02 1998
  To upgrade to NetBSD _VER from a previous version follow the instructions
  in the section "Installing NetBSD", but run the script `upgrade.sh'
! in stead of `install.sh'.

  The upgrade script will use the existing disk partitions to install the
  new system in, and also preserves the files in `/etc'.