Subject: Re: SunOS emulation
To: Eric W. Bates <ericx@vineyard.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/22/1997 14:52:12
On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Eric W. Bates wrote:

: # bin/acroread
: The OS named NetBSD version 1.3_BETA is currently not installed.
: Try running on a installed platform and connecting to your display.
: Installed platform(s) include the following:
:   SPARC/SunOS version 4.1.3 or 4.1.4
: [Exit 1 ]
:
: How do I fool it?  It is not reading the ENV var OSTYPE.

Okay, after checking the acroreader 3.01, I found how to fix this easily.
It isn't, as I suspected, calling uname(2) (earlier versions didn't have the
new platform-check script).

Edit acroread (it's a script, not a binary!) and add the following right
after the 'case "$os_name" in' line:

  NetBSD)
    ACRO_CONFIG=sparcsun
    export ACRO_CONFIG
    ;;

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price