Subject: Re: crazy interrupt panic at boot on 4/260
To: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1997 22:27:35
Boris Gjenero sez:
/*
 * Paul Kranenburg wrote:
 *
 * My only complaint so far is that the framebuffer (cg3 but NetBSD thinks
 * it is a cg2) console performance really *sucks*.  Seriously... even my
 * VAXstation 2000 is faster.  Is this normal?  Is it the hardware or just
 * the way it is being used?

It's the hardware.  Rebuild a kernel with "options RASTERCONSOLE" and
you will notice a significant improvement in performance.

 *
 * --
 * |  "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to   |
 * |  depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi, ROTJ  |
 */

				--*greywolf;

"Graduated from the Yoda Academy of Speech did I."