Subject: Re: crazy interrupt panic at boot on 4/260
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1997 23:55:55
Paul Kranenburg wrote:
> The problem is found. Thanks goes to Chuck Cranor who pointed out where
> I biffed things when I made some changes to the sparc's interrupt
> handling code.
>
> I'll build a new beta miniroot, which will probably be available at
> ftp.netbsd.org by tomorrow night.
>
> -pk

I got the new netbsd.GENERIC, and everything works now.  I've set up my
MicroVAX II (running NetBSD) as a boot and NFS server since I don't have
any local drives on the 4/260.  I've already got the 4/260 fully booted
into multiuser mode and compiling bash (it's first test).

My only complaint so far is that the framebuffer (cg3 but NetBSD thinks
it is a cg2) console performance really *sucks*.  Seriously... even my
VAXstation 2000 is faster.  Is this normal?  Is it the hardware or just
the way it is being used?

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |