Subject: Re: SunOS/Solaris driver for DBRIe
To: Erik E. Fair (Timekeeper) <fair@clock.org>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1997 10:38:10
Erik E. Fair (Timekeeper) wrote:

> The programming manuals for those chips and devices would be a step
> in the right direction, and it strikes me that Sun is one of the
> last places likely to have them...
>
> It'd also be nice if you could come up with the programming manuals
> for the chip that does the parallel port (SUNW,bpp).

	There a multiple version of SUNW,bpp so we'd probably need
	2 or 3 different manuals. The older versions didn't do that
	bi-directional HP/??? printer protocol that the newer ones
	do. See recent Solaris header files for what I mean. I believe
	the LX, SS5, SS20 used one version and the Ultras use the one
	with the funky new signalling.

		-Rob