Subject: Re: Sbus le() addition
To: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/1997 11:14:51
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:12:34 +0100 (CET)
 Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> As I'm planning to purchase an sbus-card (scsi+ethernet) wich has an
> additional le()-interface, I'm just wondering whether to expect any
> problems when adding that to my IPX, and using that card as my outbound
> ethernet-card, while using the other one for local work.
> Also, the website states "The Lance ethernet component of FSBE/S
> Sbus cards". I hope this is not meant to imply that the scsi-part
> of those won't work? Is there any forseeable problem with having
> two scsi-adapters in the machine? What kind of adapter is on the
> FSBE/S anyway, another esp()?

OK I've pluged and antares CONServer 1053 into my SS5
and it probes like this:

dma1 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x200000: rev 2
esp1 at dma1 slot 0x2 offset 0x400000 pri 5: ESP200, 40MHz, SCSI ID 7
scsibus1 at esp1: 8 targets
ledma at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x200010 not configured

I've just added ledma1 at sbus blah blah to my config file and I'm
compiling it now. In theory it should work. The kernel is compiling, I'll
email in about 20 minutes.

Cheers,
Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)