Subject: Re: Unbelievable: Sun supports FreeBSD-sparc port for Ultra.
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1997 12:12:49
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> Yah, well you have to look at Sun's history, it took them 5 odd years
> to get solaris right, what makes you think they will do any better
> at anything else?

Hey!  It might take me five years, but not because I'm burdened with Sun's
history. =)

I've addressed this in the FreeBSD lists already, but it should probably
be repeated here: I'm working on this port due to a personal desire to
work on supporting free software.  Please don't equate me personally with
the Sun juggernaut.  Yes, I work for Sun, and Sun treats me very well.
That doesn't mean that my personality has taken on all the ugly traits of
corporate America.

Okay, enough said.  I haven't been offended.  Just wanted to clear this
up.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]