Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/1997 23:04:57

    >> [...]
    Hubert> In case it helps, here are the DIP settings from a Type 5
    Hubert> keyboard used on an LX here (i dunno if this works for

It doesn't change anything :-(. --> I faked the boot rom by starting
with model 5c keyboard and then changing to the model 5. The keyboard
worked (like a model 4 one), but entering 'test keyboard' failed then.
So, what the hell can be wrong with that keyboard!?

Another question:

Can I run Netscape/Sparc on the IPX? In case 'yes' which Version?
(I've found Netscape versions for SUNOS 4.1.3, 5.3, 5.5.) Which SUNOS
libs would be needed?

Markus.