Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/1997 13:22:14
Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> 1. If a SUN keyboard model 5c is connected the IPX is using the
>    'cgsix' and this keyboard as console. If the original SUN keyboard
>    model 5 is connected no keyboard is detected and the IPX switches
>    to tty[ab] for console. There is are DIP switches on the model 5
>    keyboard, but I have no info about their purpose. --> How to make
>    the IPX detecting the model 5 keyboard? (because the model 5c
>    keyboard belongs to another SUN...)

In case it helps, here are the DIP settings from a Type 5 keyboard
used on an LX here (i dunno if this works for NetBSD, but it shouldn't
make a difference, as the keyboard detection is done by the PROM):

1:	down
2:	down
3:	up
4:	down
5:	down
6:	down
7:	up
8:	down

> 2. I want to put in a new, _bigger_ harddisk. Any SUN specific
>    constraints or problems to consider?

No. When you try putting some disklabel on the new harddisk and it
doesn't want, try this:

disklabel sdX >x
edit x
disklabel -r -R x sdX