Subject: Re: opinion sought...
To: Matthew P. Jacob <mjacob@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/04/1997 09:13:58
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Matthew P. Jacob wrote:

: If you happen to want a truly headless machine and don't define
: a kbd driver, you get:

: I have the trivial fixes for this, but is this worth fixing?

In my opinion, yes, and I'll committ some simple fixes I'm already using--a
few ifdefs that depend on NKBD (now that kbd.h is created, it's simple to
use this preprocessor variable).  No new code at all (it was proposed to
move these functions elsewhere, but there's always the hanging possibility
that they will be needed sometime in kd.c).

Keeping the kernel leaner (even if only 4Kb or so) is _always_ worth a
couple ifdefs.  ;)  However, I don't believe this fix will make it into 1.3
release level as -current is in beta and open to primarily panic fixes
now...

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== Vierling's Axiom: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted.