Subject: my CD-ROM problems
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/14/1997 11:09:44
Some of you may recall that I was having problems with a

cd0 at scsibus0 targ 2 lun 0: <SONY, CD-ROM CDU-541, 2.6a> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

on a SS2.  Today I started investigating.  It ain't
sys/dev/ic/ncr53c9x.c; I backed that out to well before the problem
arose and it didn't help.  It likewise isn't sys/arch/sparc/dev/esp.c.

Anyone have suggestions what else I might try backing out?  The errors
sure look like something fairly low-level, so I'm hesitant to ascribe
it to things like the scsipi changes, even though the timing seems to
be not too far off.  I don't mind building lots of test kernels, if it
holds promise of getting this fixed in time for 1.3 - I really don't
want to have to have to stay with 1.2G on this machine.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca