Subject: Watchdog Reset when booting a miniroot for install
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/10/1997 17:00:56
Hello,

I built a miniroot.fs Friday using sources supped Friday morning, and used
a GENERIC_SCSI3 kernel.

I dd'd it to /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s1 on my IPX (currently running Solaris 2.6)
using the options specified in the install notes (bs=20b conv=sync)

When I boot off of that, it does all of the probing and at about the point
where the kernel hands off to init(8), it drops back to the `ok' prompt
with:

Watchdog reset
Window Overflow
ok _

Did I miss something?

I don't have any of the partitions on that drive mounted or using swap.

I'm going to try booting off of a 4.1.3_U1 CD and throwing SunOS at that
drive as an install mechanism next, but I'm curious as to why this blew up.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@warthog.com
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.