Subject: Re: Linux emulation for SPARC?
To: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/04/1997 22:55:08
Jim Wise sez:
/*
 * On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
 *
 * > Who said it was not right?  It may not suit your needs, but it is not
 * > incorrect.  Now if your only purpose was flaming Linux, I can
 * > understand your post, but please refrain from making it look a
 * > technical issue.

[Miguel, this is NOT a comment on your character -- to the contrary,
 I've found most of your comments quite useful...]

This has got to be the first time I have ever seen someone request
that it NOT be made into a technical issue!

Then Jim Wise said, somewhere down the line...
 *
 * In addition, I think it is exemplary of a trend I see a lot in the Linux
 * community, which is to favor a slight win in implementation time or
 * execution time over a vast win in clean design, resulting in a system
 * which is needlessly labyrinthine...
 *

Whether the statement is representative of a fact or not,
the sentiment contained therein is right on the money:
"Cheap disk space, faster processors and more core are NOT justification
for shoddy programming." --me.

 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Have A Nice Day.  (not valid in FL, OR, WA, PA, MA, CO, OH, NC, SC, AL, GA,
LA, OK, TX, AR, ND, ID, SD, IA, MO, TN, KY, VA, UT, WY, MT, KA)