Subject: Re: panic: crazy interrupts
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/1997 12:01:07
> Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 06:59:34 -0500 (EST)
> From: der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>

> >> [I] believe I can make the [panic: crazy interrupts] go away with a
> >> few lines of code.  [...]  But it'd be easy enough to do something
> >> like  [tolerate stray interrupts occurring at the splx() in zs_putc]
>
> > Yes, and we can acomplish the same thing with this simple change to
> > the return value of zshard:
[ always return 1 ]

> But won't that cause the zs driver to consume _all_ level 12 interrupts?
Yes, It would claim them all.  Not ideal.

>  A comment in z8530sc.c leads me to think that there are other devices
> on the same level as the zs in at least some machines;

Only the sun3x as far as I am aware, and I suggested the change
only for the sparc.  Actually, I've never been able to reproduce
this problem on the sun3, so I have my doubts about what might be
the true cause of the spurrious interupts on the sparc...

Gordon