Subject: Re: panic: crazy interrupts
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/1997 16:58:02
   I fixed the race condition that was causing this earlier this year
   in the previous version of the zs driver.  I fear that change was
   not ported to the current driver.

sigh.

i believe we should backout the new zs driver for NetBSD/sparc 1.3,
as it has so far shown at least two cases of lossage (hangs when
DCD asserted, and crtscts being set, and this new panic).  the new
driver was not heavily tested before being commited (did anyone
besides gordon test it, even?), and while it is in use in several
other ports, it is very very new to the sparc.

(i feel the same way about the new gdb, BTW.)

.mrg.