Subject: Re: Linux emulation for SPARC?
To: Bob Myers <rjmyers@rtis.ray.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/1997 11:48:36
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Bob Myers wrote:

: I'm a "lurker" here and saw this message traffic about Linux on Sparc
: platforms.  Just wanted to be sure that you all knew that a port is already
: "in progress", just like netBSD and the others.

I know.  I've already downloaded the Linux 2.1.61 kernel sources from
SunSITE, and I'm just wading through them trying to figure out (with barely
any knowledge of the SPARC instruction set) how to make a Linux
compatibility module for NetBSD/sparc.  I've just completed the syscall
mappings, and am now adding relevant code for a few syscalls in sparclinux
that are not in linux/x86.

Again, to mailing list readers:  if you want to devote a little time, and
know the SPARC instruction set better than I, we can get this done in a
minimal amount of time, since most of the Linux emulation code is written.
Get with me if you want to participate.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.