Subject: Re: Linux emulation for SPARC?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/1997 09:54:53
On Thu, Oct 30, 1997 at 09:38:41PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Okay, anyone here as curious as I am to see a Linux emulation for SPARC?
> <grin>  I'm not too familiar with the SPARC instruction set, but I could
> pick up a book at the library and attempt to sort it out if there are others
> here that know about Sparclinux internals (the differences to i386 linux
> compat should be minimal...?).

Filling in the sparc specific part should not be hard. One problem is,
that different ports of Linux have different system call numbers...
I'm not sure if Linux/sparc does this as well, I am sure that
Linux/alpha does it. That means you will need to overhaul the current
scheme of using syscalls.master, etc, to generate the MI Linux syscall
numbers/arguments.

- Frank